Bounties, Events, Quests
Bounties, Events, and Quests (BEQ) are different methods that Tenebris Realm uses to engage players and other roleplayers in content.
Bounties can occur when 3+ people engage in a group RP, where one person is the definitive leader of the group. This person is the Bounty Issuer, those who sign up are Bounty Participants. This distinction is important, as Issuers need to engage their Participants.
- Who can issue a bounty? Anyone with an approved character!
- Why do a bounty? Bounties add to the fabric and experience of Tenebris Realm and the staff team wants to encourage player storylines that fit within the world lore. Hosting a bounty enables your character to receive rewards while engaging with ideas that you want to incorporate in the world. While we encourage you to explore your character’s storyline, keep in mind that the purpose of bounties is that they should be fun for everyone.
- What kind of rewards can I issue? Appropriate rewards are based on your server rank. Read more about Rewards.
- How can I advertise my bounty? When you are ready to advertise your bounty, you are allowed to tag the @Bounty tag in #bounties.
How To Structure a Bounty
When structuring your bounty, you need to consider three things:
- Participation: What groups, factions, species, or wealth levels do you want to participate? Is this an open bounty for anyone to join?
- Storyline/Purpose: What is the main conflict of your bounty? A conflict can be; exploration, combat, character interaction, gambling, and even socialization.
- Time Commitment: Player bounties should typically be completed within 1-3 sessions. This roughly translates to 3-10hrs of roleplay.
Events are story-driven role plays that involve the core characters of the staff team as well as significant player characters. Events allow for players to shape the outcome of significant stories as well as be able to interact with characters and people they have not had the opportunity to. Additionally, events can last for up to 10 weeks.
- Events will be limited to a certain number of slots based on the host's discretion.
- Don't RSVP to an event that you cannot reasonably attend. Don't force yourself or others to risk their health and real life responsibilities.
- If you sign up for events, please set aside the time to be present. The host has set aside time to create a scenario for you, please respect that.
- Interact with others involved in events; these are meant to introduce you to plot important characters you wouldn't meet otherwise.
- If you are not interacting with the scene, the host reserves the right to withhold rewards or remove you.
- You will not be able to attend all events offered and that is OK. However, this does not mean you start complaining about being 'left out' because certain events will require certain, races, organizations, religions, or simply a first come first serve basis. There will be always be more opportunities.
Quests are specific, individual tasks given out to certain players, species, religions, affiliations, or ranks. Can be issued by Renowned and up.
Reputation is essentially your character’s CLOUT. For every event, bounty, or quests (BEQ) they participate in, their reputation increases by one point (unless otherwise stated).
Reputation also determines your rank within your affiliated religious or non-religious organization. Organizations
Note: You may only be granted bonuses from a single organization, regardless of type.
|20-24||Seasoned Adventurer||2||+1 AP|
|25-29||Acclaimed Adventurer||+1 AP|
|30-34||Local Celebrity||3||+1 AP|
|40-44||Famous Hero||4||+1 AP|
|45-49||Mythic Hero||+1 AP|
|50+||Legendary Hero||5||+1 AP|