Bounties, Events, Quests
Bounties, Events, and Quests (BEQ) are different methods that Tenebris Realm uses to engage players and other roleplayers in content.
B - generally specific to an org, belief, group of people, etc
E - large server-wide plots that have multiple inputs and can be larger/longer
Q - initiation, individual character things, a specific requirement for certain people, a post minimum, a task that other players can build on
BEQ are required to have the following:
- A start time
- End time
- Host's local timezone
- Requested Characters
- Open Invitation Characters
- A general description
- Challenge Rating
How To Structure a BEQ
When structuring your BEQ, you need to consider three things:
- Participation: Which groups, factions, species, or wealth levels do you want to participate? Is this an open BEQ for anyone to join?
- Storyline/Purpose: What is the main conflict of your BEQ? A conflict can be; exploration, combat, character interaction, gambling, and even socialization.
- Time Commitment: How long will this BEQ go for? Are you able to complete it within a reasonable timeframe?
Bounties can occur when 3+ people engage in a group RP, where one person is the definitive leader of the group. This person is the Bounty Issuer, those who sign up are Bounty Participants. This distinction is important, as Issuers need to engage their Participants.
- Who can issue a bounty? Anyone with an approved character!
- Why do a bounty? Bounties add to the fabric and experience of Tenebris Realm and the staff team wants to encourage player storylines that fit within the world lore. Hosting a bounty enables your character to receive rewards while engaging with ideas that you want to incorporate in the world. While we encourage you to explore your character’s storyline, keep in mind that the purpose of bounties is that they should be fun for everyone.
- What kind of rewards can I issue? Appropriate rewards can be found in the table further below.
- How can I advertise my bounty? When you are ready to advertise your bounty, you are allowed to tag the @Bounty tag in #bounties.
Events are story-driven role plays that involve significant characters. Events allow for players to shape the outcome of large stories as well as be able to interact with characters and people they have not had the opportunity to.
- Events will be limited to a certain number of slots based on the host's discretion.
- Don't RSVP to an event that you cannot reasonably attend. Don't force yourself or others to risk their health and real life responsibilities.
- If you sign up for events, please set aside the time to be present. The host has set aside time to create a scenario for you, please respect that.
- Interact with others involved in events; these are meant to introduce you to plot important characters you wouldn't meet otherwise.
- If you are not interacting with the scene, the host reserves the right to withhold rewards or remove you.
- You will not be able to attend all events offered and that is OK. There will always be more opportunities to participate.
Quests are specific, individual tasks given out to certain players, species, religions, affiliations, or ranks. Anyone can start a quest for someone else.
Note: Quests givers issue EXP amount, not the person hosting a group for a quest.