Bounties, Events, Quests
Bounties, Events, and Quests (BEQ) are different methods that Tenebris Realm uses to engage players and other roleplayers in content. Bounties can be ran by both staff and players, while Events and Quests are ran by staff.
Bounties can occur when 3+ people engage in a group RP, where one person is the definitive leader of the group. This person is the Bounty Issuer, those who sign up are Bounty Participants. This distinction is important, as Issuers need to engage their Participants.
- Who can issue a bounty? Bounties are available to an player that is at least a server rank Veteran and up. Your rank indicates the amount of rewards you are able to give.
- Why do a bounty? Bounties add to the fabric and experience of Tenebris Realm and the staff team wants to encourage player storylines that fit within the world lore. Hosting a bounty enables your character to receive rewards while engaging with ideas that you want to incorporate in the world.
NOTE: While staff encourages you to explore your character’s storyline, if something is not engaging to other players or is deemed to be incredibly narcissistic, you will need to consider reworking the information you want others to engage with. The purpose of bounties is that they should be fun for both issuer and participant.
- What kind of rewards can I issue? You can issue rewards appropriate to your rank on the server and can be found here.
- When you are ready to advertise your bounty, you are allowed to tag the @Bounty tag.
How To Structure a Bounty
When structuring your bounty, you need to consider three things:
- Participation: What groups, factions, species, or wealth levels do you want to participate? Is this an open bounty for anyone to join?
- Storyline/purpose: What is the main conflict of your bounty? A conflict can be; exploration, combat, character interaction, gambling, and even socialization.
How long will your bounty last? Player bounties should typically be completed within 1-3 sessions. This roughly translates to 3-10hrs of roleplay.
Events are story-driven role plays that involve the core characters of the staff team as well as significant player characters. Events allow for players to shape the outcome of significant stories as well as be able to interact with characters and people they have not had the opportunity to. Additionally, events can last for up to 10 weeks.
- Events will be limited to a certain number of slots based on GM discretion.
- Don't not RSVP to an event that you cannot make it to (i.e., different time zone). Don't force yourself to be up and risk your health/irl. Do not push others to sign up at bad times for them.
- If you sign up for events, please set aside the time to be present. No dropping in and out. The GM has set aside time to create a scenario for you, please respect that.
- Interact with others involved in events; these are meant to introduce you to plot important characters you wouldn't meet otherwise.
- If you are not interacting with the scene, we reserve the right to withhold rewards or kick you out.
- You will not be able to attend all events offered and that is OK. However, this does not mean you start complaining about being 'left out' because certain events will require certain, races, organizations, religions, or simply a first come first serve basis. There will be events.
- If an event is not held at a time you can attend and you have not been able to interact with staff members, you should consider hosting your own bounty sequence. We have created this massive world for you to explore. Do it.
- Do not rely on staff to be a constant source of content, especially when you have the ability to create your own and freely advertise.
- We will be enforcing the 2 week cool down period going forward. Respect our time and we will respect yours.
Quests are specific, individual tasks given out to certain players, species, religions, affiliations, or ranks. Can be issued by both staff and players (Renowned and up).