General Roleplay Guidelines
- The ‘minimum’ for our passive replies are 2 (two) paragraphs (8-10 sentences). Please try to maintain this standard. This is waived during active events/bounties.
- Do not power play, god-mod, exhibit omniscience or omnipresence. This includes keeping IC/OOC knowledge separate.
- Keep contextual interactions with the environment in mind. Take note of the scene’s settings (temperature, population, location) and act accordingly.
- Assume realistic consequences. Dangerous actions can incur injuries, illegal actions can result in justice, etc. Your character(s) can and will be punished for blatant, egregious actions.
- Keep a sense of continuity. Tenebris Realm works on a loose timeline, but at max the same character can be involved in: 1 active weekly event, 1 active bounty (not at the same time as the event), 1 passive RP, and 1 passive event OR bounty. This rule does not apply to Head Gamemasters or Reiko.
- You are allowed to use dice bots, pictures, and linked audio files in the roleplay channels to enhance roleplay. However, do not abuse and spam channels.
- You are allowed to leave a scene if your partner has not responded 3 (three) days; however, please attempt communicating OOC to confirm interest.
- Respect other roleplays and ask those already in a scene in OOC if you can join.
- Multiple RP scenes can occur in the same room.
- If you are uninterested in an RP after you have started it you are allowed to leave the scene. Communicate this OOC and write your character leaving IC. Do not hound other users to continue.
- A GM or someone should establish a posting order in large group settings. Please stick to a posting order in your roleplay groups to ensure continuity amongst players.
- Staff, at the request of players, will ping RPs that have not had responses for over 3 days. If you are unable to continue a scene or need more time, let us know.
- If you state that you are going to open for a role-play, do so within 30minutes unless you and your partner have agreed upon another time. This is both common courtesy and common sense. If someone has agreed to RP with you and you have not made a starting post within 2 hours, they can continue to seek partners.
- The lore listed on the website is a launching pad not a hard limit. You are able to create stories within reason and feel free to use artistic liberties for the sake of enjoyment. However, you are not allowed to destroy cities or do anything of monumental, world changing significance without explicit approval from Reiko.
- All of the information you need to create your character is under the 'Character' tab in the menu.
- Character sheets should be no more than 10 pages long and should follow the Character Template. Exceptions to this will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- If you receive pointed feedback from a member of staff and simply chose to ignore it, your character will not be approved. Do not attempt to go around from one staff member to another to get your point approved.
- We reserve the right to rebalance your character if you are exploiting abilities or some type of loophole.
- Veterans and up are allowed to Audition for characters. Character auditions allow for players to audition characters that are at a higher level, plot significance, or are ‘special’ in some way. Character auditions are held to the highest standard possible and go through an extensive review process by staff to make sure the player understands the character as well the lore they are going to work with. More information on auditions is available on the server.
Bounties, Events, Quests
Bounties, Events, and Quests are ways that the story is experienced in Tenebris Realm. You can opt in to participate in these, and once you achieve Veteran status, can host your own bounty content! Death and Right to Kill is always considered active if engaging in staff content unless stated otherwise.
As this is a story-driven RP, your character will receive experience by participating in bounties, events, and quests the majority of time. Read more about Development here. We use a combination of numerical character values (Attributes, Skills, etc) as well as narrative achievements.
- You receive character development by participating in Events, Bounties, or Quests. These are announced, respectively, in #events, #bounties, and #quests.
- It is up to you to track your rewards and update your character sheet. Rewards are posted in #rewards-channel at the end of every completed Event or Bounty.
- You are required to keep tally of your own progression time. If you submit a character then being roleplaying, it is up to you to inform the staff team when it has been 6 weeks to receive your @Veteran tag. Same goes for the other progression levels.
- When your reach Mythic level you may forge your character into a Champion. Read more about Champions here.