Taunhill is a massive city home to the Xerik and some other miscellaneous species. Once forgotten amongst the Dark Reaches, the city was reborn as thriving mecca of trade, arts, and bloody services. Tribal Orcs, Beastkin, and non-magical races inhabit this city. Previously, only on occasion would a Sylph or Wild Folk pass through, but now, caravans filled with many different species enter the walls of Taunhill, looking to trade goods in this city’s vast market.
Taunhill follows a tribal system. Two major clans, Sema and N’yi, have been at each other’s throats for eons. When the darkness descended, then tension between them worsened. For a little over a century, the Sema clan has been in power over the city, keeping the supposed last pure flame of Surna safe from those who wish to steal or destroy it.
Population: 100,000 mostly Xerik and non-magical species reside here.
Biome: Mostly desert and mountain, however, Taunhill is built on the largest oasis in Esterin.
- Ch’f Sema n’n Psi’z’n (Emperor of Taunhill and head of the Sema house)
- L’nn Sema n’n R’sh’a (Youngest Daughter of the Emperor)
- M’nn N’yi n’nn M’ri (Nobleman and leader of the N’yi house)
- This is the inner sanctum of Taunhill, where the last flame supposedly resides. The security around this place is of the highest possible level. Even members of the royal family have trouble gaining access without explicit admittance from the Emperor.
- A portion of the city owned by the Sema clan. Their clan’s estate sits on these grounds along with smaller estates of those with close and even some with extended blood relations. This section has its own small market square filled with lavish vendors and fine dining.
- A portion of the city owned by the N’yi clan. Their clan’s estate sits on these grounds along with smaller estates of those with close and even some with extended blood relations. This section has its own small market square filled with lavish vendors and fine dining.
- Most of the citizens live in this compact style of housing sprawling around the circumference of this mountainous city. Wealth level increases as you travel further up the mountain. Houses travel higher than the eye can see. The east side of the mountain houses those who fall beneath the Sema Clan. The west side of the mountain houses those who fall beneath the N’yi Clan.
- A massive grove partially surrounding the base of the mountain. It sits between the Sema and N’yi residential areas, making it the safe zone between the two clans. Kl’tto trees are the most prevalent in this area, growing closely together. There are some well known clearings within designated as parks. There are paths paved with stone to lead you there.
- For the residence of Taunhill and those who venture within its walls, this is the best tavern in city. Some even say the best in Esterin. One can see many different faces here, especially some rather buggy ones.
- A massive stretch of land designated to the large goods and services exchange located within the city. It is a thriving mecca of trade, arts, and bloody services. Most goods and services can either be bought through trade, written contracts/agreements, or coin.
- The headquarters of the Engineering Corps. The Chiefs touch base with the Grand Fabricator and relay the needed information through each branch in this building. The Archives are held here and watched over closely.
- A small port located just miles away from Taunhill. It sits on Lotus Bay, the body of water rumored to hold the horde of the protector of Taunhill. The protector perished when the Twilight fell. Now, her treasure lies somewhere at the bottom of the sea.