“Bunch of do-gooding, merciless dogs incapable of questioning authority… Couldn’t ask for a better bunch of soldiers.” ~Late Lord Commander Quillian in his retirement speech
The Peacekeepers are an expansive proto-military force that often works in tandem with city government to assure peace is kept among the people. The Peacekeeper order, at the moment, only exists on Dragon’s Cradle. Cities and locations outside of DC have their own military and guard structures.
Peacekeepers believe in two things;
- Obedience to the Cause
- Comrades before one’s self
Some of the Peacekeeper’s Cause are based on the Order. In this case, the Cause is:
- Protection of everything that is Good in the world
- Assuring the safety of every being, regardless of race or creed
- Destruction of those that pose a threat to the core pillars of the world
Many Peacekeepers will have a patron god or goddess they follow. It is common for Peacekeepers to follow religious beliefs of Embers of Surna, Moon Glow, or Earth’s Children. It is also not unreasonable for Peacekeepers to have no religious practice, or to follow the Order it self.
Peacekeepers have different headquarters throughout various cities in Dragon’s Cradle, the current strongest headquarters is in Verdisol. Other cities include, Lightvale, Eisgard, and Dranur.
The Chain of Command
Like most conventional military organizations the Peacekeeper Knights organize their chain of command into two separate tiers of rank. Enlisted and Officers. Enlisted are members who join and pass a training period. Officers are Peacekeepers that have risen through the ranks based on their years of service and deeds.
Every Peacekeeper has a badge that indicates both their rank and headquarters location.
- Page - the first rank within the Peacekeepers. Pages can be as young as 18 and as old as 40. Pages will not patrol on their own or lead patrols. Open to Adventurers and up.
- Squire - the second rank within the Peacekeepers. Squires can lead a patrol of up to 3 other Pages or Squires. Open to Veterans and up.
- Knight - the third rank within the Peacekeepers. Knights can amass larger forces (up to 20 or so) and lead grand expeditions outside of city walls.
- Open to Exalted and Up OR
- To Squires that have completed at least 3 Peacekeeper themed bounties.
- Paladin - fourth rank of peacekeepers. These are exceptionally skilled Knights that have risen to a level prestige uncommon among their peers.
- Open to Renowned and Up OR
- To Knights that have held at least 6 Peacekeeper themed bounties.
Becoming a Commissioned Officer requires beginning as a page from a very young age and training for many years. Officers will also be awarded a set of enchanted armor and a weapon of their choice. (Armor Buff: +15 Health, Weapon: -1DC to Critical Hit)
- Captain - Captains are recognized both for their work as Paladins as well as their skill in military endeavors.
- Open to Mythic Players OR
- To Knights that have held at least 10 Peacekeeper themed bounties
- Warden - Wardens are unique among captains. Not only have they shown themselves to be exceptional in the line of duty, they have also participated in a great feats and their reputation is known far and wide. Wardens are often picked by the Lord Commander.
- Open to Mythic Players that have completed at least 15 Peacekeeper bounties and have Hero (Rank 7) reputation.
Commander in chief of the peacekeeper forces. There is only one Lord Commander at any given time. When he is slain or otherwise is unable to perform his duty, he is replaced from among a pool of eligible Wardens. Typically a Lord Commander will appoint a successor if given the chance.
The current Lord Commander is Zachary Eden.